Vortex ECU to suit KTM EXC 450 / Husqvarna FE 450 20-21
VORTEX ECU TO SUIT KTM EXC 450 / Husqvarna FE 450 (MY '20 - '21)
The ECU controls not only spark timing and voltage output but also fuel mapping and other engine management functions. The result is more power, better power, easier starting and ultimately faster lap times.
This unit comes pre-programmed with 10 Performance Fuel & Spark timing maps as well as having 3 additional trim switches for user adjustable fuelling in low, mid and high throttle openings (with the use of a flat blade screw driver).
The ECU plugs directly into the bikes standard wiring harness and interfaces with all the standard engine sensors such as ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature), IAT (Intake Air Temperature), MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure), TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), CPS (Crank Position Sensor) to adjust fuel and spark timing for optimum power delivery in all weather, altitude and load conditions.
Performance gains vary depending on Throttle and RPM points however typically gains are in Top End power and Bottom End throttle response is expected from the "Power" settings and a smoother more tractable or rideable power from the "Traction" settings.
We have done extensive work to include tune parameters which improve starting and almost eliminate the flameouts experienced with some EFI MX bikes. All of the development work is done for you! All that is left is for you to do is chose a setting that best suits your riding style or track conditions and ride!
The ECU is also fully programmable (software not supplied) with parameters that are far more extensive than those found in any factory setting tools, such as rev limits, throttle enrichment & decay time, fuel timing, high resolution mapping, dwell time, voltage output and trim tables for cold starting, air intake temperature (AIT), engine coolant temperature (ECT), barometric pressure, battery voltage, etc...
In addition there is real time logging & graphing of many parameters (when combined with the ECU Software - not included)
- Bikeshop.com.au have paired this ECU with our Scalvini full exhaust system, have carried out dyno testing and have developed an EXCLUSIVE map for the this bike, this ECU and the full Scalvini 4 stroke exhaust system. This exclusive map is available only from bikeshop.com.au and comes pre loaded when you purchase the SCALVINI/VORTEX PRODUCT BUNDLE (CLICK HERE). All you have to do is plug in the Vortex, fit the Scalvini exhaust system and twist the throttle!
- Please follow the above link to access the product bundle page where you can understand the benefits of and purchase the SCALVINI/VORTEX PRODUCT BUNDLE.
Note 1: As with all Vortex products we offer a 12 month warranty against manufacturing defects
Note 2: The ECU does not come standard with a handlebar switch as this is an optional extra. There is no need for a switch eliminator when not running the handlebar switch as with our other CDI products
Model Specific Features:
- Improved bottom end power and throttle response
- Improved top end over rev power
- Power ignition & fuel mapping for standard and modified engines
- Traction - start and enduro maps for traction and throttle control
- Better starting and stall prevention
- Higher rev limits
- Advances fuel injection timing for improved atomisation and response
- Traction control, launch control and map selection via the KTM handlebar switch. The standard KTM handlebar switch will select the base Vortex map (map 1) in position 1. Position 2 will select which ever of the other 9 maps you have the selector set to on the Vortex (so set this to something other than map 1!
- Pre-programmed with 10 performance fuel & ignition maps - all the work is done for you!
- Instant plug and play performance (replaces standard ECU with no mods to wiring required)
- User adjustable fuel trim switches adjust fuel mapping by +12.5% to -10% in low , mid and high throttle openings
- Simple plug and play installation with mounting hardware supplied (where required)
- V-Boost - programmable voltage boost circuit for maximising spark energy across the entire rev range
- Higher / Lower rev limit (where required)
- Robust design is fully encapsulated, IP 66 rated (waterproof) and O-ring sealed
- Diagnostic flash codes - tests for sensor faults and flashes codes to OEM FI light
- Race proven reliability
- Re programmable (software and interface hardware not included)