EP Oil Cooler Guard - Aprilia RSV4 1000 APRC (2011-2015)
Features of EP Oil Cooler Guard for Aprilia RSV4 1000 APRC
- All-aluminium construction fabricated for exact fit and easy installation
- The EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides defence against road debris
- The EP guard is designed to follow the lines of the original oil cooler
- Does not restrict the required cooling airflow
- Durable black powder coated finish
- All required fixings are supplied
- Fitment of this light-weight guard requires no modifications to existing chassis components
- Fitting instructions available to download
Do I really need an EP oil cooler guard?
Prevention is better than an expensive cure- The EP oil cooler guard protects the Aprilia RSV4 1000 APRC oil cooler from being damaged, while allowing cooling air to pass through to cool the pumped engine oil. The cooler unit consists of delicate cooling fins and internal cores - the fins easily bend and block the passage of air, which can result in the engine overheating. Also, the cooler's internal cores can easily be holed by stones to cause the oil to leak / spray out. Leaking oil can result in low engine oil pressure and cause serious engine damage. If leaked oil gets onto the motorcycle's tyres, there is a good chance of sudden lack of grip.