EP Oil Cooler Guard - Aprilia RSV4 1000 Factory (2009-2014)
Features of EP Oil Cooler Guard for Aprilia RSV4 1000 Factory
- Light-weight aluminium construction fabricated for precise fit and easy installation
- EP oil cooler guards are designed to give uninterrupted airflow
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides a rigid defence against stones and other debris
- EP oil cooler guard retains the original oil cooler grill
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Comes complete with mounting fixtures
- Fitting instructions available to download
Why is a motorcycle oil cooler guard necessary?
The EP oil cooler guard is a protective add-on accessory to help prevent the standard oil cooler from getting damaged by road debris; damage that usually occurs when stones, grit etc are flicked up by the front tyre or other traffic directly at the oil cooler. The cooler is predominantly made up of delicate cooling fins that easily bend; within the cooler there is an internal core of pipework that can be easily holed. Misaligned cooling fins block passing air and this can lead to the engine overheating. Holed oil carrying galleries will cause rapid loss of oil pressure with a high possibility of engine damage. If leaked oil reaches the motorcycle's tyres, expect a sudden lack of grip, too.